Endodontics Graduation & Certification Requirements
The candidate for graduation and certification must demonstrate to the full satisfaction of the faculty the following:
- Competence in the full range of contemporary endodontic practice;
- Completion of all technical and clinical requirements prescribed in the graduate endodontic curriculum;
- Achievement of passing grades in all required courses with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in classroom and clinical courses;
- Design, completion and presentation of an original research project in endodontology and a thesis acceptable at the graduate level in the opinion of the Graduate Endodontics Research Committee;
- Return of all university property; and
- Discharge of all financial obligations to the community and the school.
If in the judgment of the Graduate Endodontics Academic Performance Committee the candidate has fully satisfied all requirements, the committee is authorized to recommend conferral of the certificate in endodontology and the degree of Master of Science in Dentistry. The committee may also recommend delay in an individual's graduation date. Committee recommendations are submitted to the dean, who is authorized to review and make final decisions.