Getting Around San Francisco
San Francisco offers a variety of ways to get around. Information on various transportation options and services can be found within this page.
Recommended Transportation Links and Apps
- About.com's San Francisco page: A one-stop guide to the city and a good starting point. View maps and get transportation information, along with an overview of San Francisco neighborhoods and an events calendar.
- Google Maps: mobile app for real time up-to-date information.
- Mapquest: for maps & directions, travel information, and more.
- Muni+: Complete information and real-time schedule updates for Muni buses and trains.
- Routesy Bay Area: Public transit routes and schedules for your mobile phone.
- BART: Real-time departures, advisories, trip planners, fares, schedules and more.
- Nextbus: Real-time transit arrival & departure information.
- Caltrain: Doesn't have an official mobile app but lists some alternatives.
- SFPark: From the SFMTA, this app helps you find garages with available parking, as well as pricing information.
- ParkWhiz: Find and reserve parking online.
- ParkingPanda: Another service that lets you find and reserve parking online.
- GottaPark: Find and reserve parking online in the Union Square area.
- SpotOn Parking: Connecting parking spot owners with parkers for use by month or hour.
- ParkNow: Find and book a parking spot in advance online or with the mobile app.
Taxis, Private Transportation & Ridesharing Services
Membership Carsharing Services
- CityCarShare: Founded in 2001, this nonprofit service pioneered the carsharing movement in San Francisco.
- Zipcar: Carsharing service with locations around the country and the world.
- Getaround: Share your car or rent somebody else's.
Private Transportation Companies
- Lyft: an alternative to taxis.
- Uber: another alternative to taxis.
University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry provides these links as a service to our visitors. A listing here does not consititute an endorsement or warranty.