Because this is primarily an online program, students are expected to have a computer that meets minimum computer requirements. Students need:
- Reliable access to a computer
- To be familiar with using basic computer programs and accessing the Internet
- Able to use Microsoft Word, including naming, saving and retrieving documents.
- A computer with sound and speakers capable of playing video from the web
- A high-speed internet connection (DSL or cable modem)
The following software applications are required for this program:
- Microsoft Word (version 2007 or later)
- The most recent version of one of the following web browsers
- Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer (version 10 or later)
- Adobe Acrobat reader (version 10 or later)
- The latest version of Flash Player
- This is a free download from the Adobe website.
To test your computer to see if it has the latest Flash Player or if it needs to be installed, please follow the instructions below:
- Click on the link below to open and run the tutorial demonstrating how to use the program presentations.
- If you get a Security Warning message or an error message (i.e. Missing Plug-In) stating your Flash Player is out of date/unavailable
- click on "Yes" to install Flash Player if the prompt appears
- or follow the link above to the Adobe website
- After installation, most browsers will require you to restart the browser to apply the update; please close all windows of your browser by clicking the “X” in the upper right hand corner and then reopen the browser.
Test your computer by opening and running the presentation tutorial here. Close this new tab when finished with the tutorial to return to this page.