The Office of Marketing and Communications is available to assist journalists in contacting our faculty experts and obtaining the latest news, photography or video regarding the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry.
To schedule an interview or locate a faculty expert, please call the Office of Marketing and Communications at 415.929.6434, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Access to Campus
Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry is located at:
155 Fifth Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
The Office of Marketing and Communications has compiled a list of frequently requested information for journalists.
Vision: Leading the Improvement of Health by Advancing Oral Health
Founded: Founded in 1896 as the College of Physicians and Surgeons; Affiliated with University of the Pacific in 1962
Location: 155 Fifth Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
Tel. 415.929.6400 / http://dental.pacific.edu
Accreditation: Accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation
Current Dean: Dr. Nader Nadershahi '94
Former Dean: Dr. Patrick J. Ferrillo, Jr.
Dean Emeritus: Dr. Arthur A. Dugoni
Faculty and Staff: 506 (excluding volunteer faculty)
Alumni: 7,475 (living)
The only dental school in the United States offering a year-round accelerated three-year DDS program
Offering degrees or certificates through seven academic programs:
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery (DDS)
- International Dental Studies (IDS)
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry
- Advanced Education in Endodontology
- Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene
- DDS, IDS, Orthodontics and Endodontics programs: $104,585
- 12 University-run clinics in San Francisco, Union City and Stockton and 12 extramural sites throughout Northern California.
- The school's clinics provide nearly $24 million of oral healthcare services ($10 million of which is uncompensated) to the public at a discounted price compared to the typical cost at a private Bay Area dental office. The school is a significant provider of care to the culturally and socio-economically diverse population of the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Approximately 14,000 active patients (10,000 served by San Francisco clinics); Clinics manage 135,000 patient visits per year
- Clinic Locations: San Francisco, Union City, Stockton; Clinic services in San Francisco include a Main Clinic; CARE (HIV) Clinic; Emergency Care; Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic; Oral Medicine Clinic; Orthodontic Clinic; Pacific Center for Orofacial Disorders; Pediatric Dentistry Clinic; Radiology Clinic and Pacific Center for Special Care.
- Only U.S. dental school to offer a 3-year DDS program
- Strong clinical and practice management program
- Emphasis on leadership and giving back to the profession and community
- Quality, comprehensive patient care
- Integrated Pacific Dental Helix Curriculum
- Strong alumni support
- Largest dental school capital fundraising campaign in the U.S. ($65.7 million)