The Office of Marketing and Communications has compiled a list of frequently requested information for journalists.
Purpose: Our Purpose is to Help People Lead Healthy Lives
Vision: Improving Health and Wellness through Innovation in Programs, Partnerships and People
Founded: Founded in 1896 as the College of Physicians and Surgeons; Affiliated with University of the Pacific in 1962
Location: 155 Fifth Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
Tel. 415.929.6400 / http://dental.pacific.edu
Accreditation: Accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation
Current Dean: Dr. Nader Nadershahi '94
Former Dean: Dr. Patrick J. Ferrillo, Jr.
Dean Emeritus: Dr. Arthur A. Dugoni
Faculty and Staff: 506 (excluding volunteer faculty)
Alumni: 8,356 (living)
The only dental school in the United States offering a year-round accelerated three-year DDS program
Offering degrees or certificates through seven academic programs:
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery (DDS)
- International Dental Studies (IDS)
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry
- Advanced Education in Endodontology
- Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene
- DDS, IDS, Orthodontics and Endodontics programs: $119,360.
- 12 University-run clinics in San Francisco, Union City and 12 extramural sites throughout Northern California.
- The school's clinics provide nearly $24 million of oral healthcare services ($10 million of which is uncompensated) to the public at a discounted price compared to the typical cost at a private Bay Area dental office. The school is a significant provider of care to the culturally and socio-economically diverse population of the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Approximately 118,000 patient visits and 24,000 total patients served.
- Clinic Locations: San Francisco and Union City; Clinic services in San Francisco include a Main Clinic; CARE (HIV) Clinic; Emergency Care; Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic; Oral Medicine Clinic; Orthodontic Clinic; Pacific Center for Orofacial Disorders; Pediatric Dentistry Clinic; Radiology Clinic and Pacific Center for Special Care.
- First U.S. dental school to offer a 3-year DDS program
- Strong clinical and practice management program
- Emphasis on leadership and giving back to the profession and community
- Quality, comprehensive patient care
- Integrated Pacific Dental Helix Curriculum
- Strong alumni support
- Largest dental school capital fundraising campaign in the U.S. ($65.7 million)