Award Notification

Students who have completed their financial aid application and all other required forms will receive an email with a link to view and accept their awards. Included in the email will be information on how to complete the required documents to receive your awards. Your awards will be for the full cost of attendance which includes tuition, fees, books and supplies and living allowance.  You may borrow the full amount or reduce your financial aid based on your needs. If you are borrowing for direct cost only or direct cost and reduced living expenses, the budget worksheets below will help you calculate how much you will need to borrow. 

Note: use of this form requires Excel. Your browser may not have the ability to display it properly. Save the file to your computer before opening it.

Loan Application Process

Stafford Unsubsidized and Graduate Plus Loans 

Important: When completing the Master Promissory Note and entrance counseling, you must select the University of the Pacific code G01329.

The Master Promissory Note (MPN) is a legal document in which you promise to repay your loans and any accrued interest and fees to the U.S. Department of Education. It also explains the terms and conditions of your loans. You can borrow additional direct loans on a single MPN for up to 10 years. An electronic MPN is required for both Direct Stafford and Direct Grad Plus Loans. You must select University of the Pacific code G01329 when completing the Master Promissory note.  You will need your FSA ID that you used to complete the FAFSA to complete this requirement. If you do not have an FSA ID you can create one. You may complete both your Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note by logging into with your FSA ID.

Financial Aid Entrance Counseling

Students receiving financial aid for the first time at University of the Pacific, Arthur A Dugoni School of Dentistry must complete a Federal Direct Student Loan Entrance counseling session. The session will review terms and conditions of student loans, debt management, budgeting, rights and responsibilities and various other aspects of student loans. The entrance counseling must be completed online. Please see the Entrance Counseling Requirement section on our website for more information. Note: Financial aid funds will not be released until this requirement is fulfilled.

HPSL and institutional Loan Process (HPSL)

Students awarded HPSL or institutional loans must complete the documents below to receive their loan. Interest rates and repayment terms vary by the type of loan borrowed. Please see below for the terms and condition of your loan.

Payment Plans

Students who are borrowing less than the amount of their direct educational expenses will need to set up a payment plan for the balance. Please contact Robert Kim in the Business Office at 415.929.6653 for assistance in setting up a payment plan. Learn more about student accounts.

Student Account Authorization Form (pdf): This form gives your authorization for your loan funds to remain in your student account during your current loan period.

Direct Deposit Form (pdf): This form directs that your living expenses funds are deposited directly into your checking account. (Please note that it takes one or two cycles before the funds will be placed in your account. You will receive your living expenses funds by check until it is set up.)