The Admissions Office in San Francisco is currently managing the application process for our AEGD site located in Union City. Pacific uses the ADEA PASS application service and the National Matching Services Inc (NMSI) Program notification system. See below for detailed instructions. If you have any questions that are not answered by the information below, contact us.
Applicants must be graduates of an accredited dental school at the start of the residency year. Applicants are required to have passed the National Board Examination Part I and II. A dental license is not required.
Sequence of Steps to Apply for the Residency Year Beginning July 1, 2021
- Applicants are required to obtain an application packet from the ADEA PASS program (see below). PASS does not process all required application materials; some materials must be submitted directly to the Admissions Office — AEGD Program.
- The PASS code for the Pacific AEGD Program is 165.
- Applicants are required to obtain an application packet from the National Matching Services (NMSI) program (see below). Submit the applicant agreement to the NMSI program to receive your postdoctoral NMSI registration number.
- An interview is required for acceptance into the program and will be granted only upon application completion and at the request of the program director.
- Submit a rank order list to National Matching Services Inc. Match code number for the Pacific AEGD Program is 2929
- Obtain selection notification of the match from National Matching Services Inc.
Postgraduate Application Support Service (PASS)
The University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry AEGD Program accepts application materials through the American Dental Education Association, Postgraduate Application Support Service (PASS). This service enables applicants to send an original copy of most application materials to PASS for distribution to all the programs that the applicant selects. PASS must receive application materials by November 13, 2020. Dates will be update when information is confirmed). Information and application materials for PASS can be obtained from:
ADEA PASS 1625 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Suite 600 Washington, DC 20036-2212 800.353.2237 or 202.667.1887 Fax: 202.667.4983
Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program
The University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry AEGD Program uses the postdoctoral National Matching Services Inc. (NMSI) Program for notification of program acceptance. Applicants must submit an applicant agreement to NMSI and obtain a registration number. Match applicant registration opens on May 14, 2020.
Each applicant and each program must submit a rank order list to National Matching Services Inc. The rank order list will be compiled and applicants and the program will be matched. The Match applicant agreement and information can be obtained from:
National Matching Service, Inc. 20 Holly Street, Suite 301 Toronto, Ontario Canada M4S 3B1 416.977.3431 Fax: 416.977.5020
Required Application Materials
Submit the following directly to Admissions Office — AEGD Program
- Small photograph approximately 2" X 2"
- Undergraduate transcripts
Submit the following directly to PASS
- C.V. or resumé.
- Dean's letter including grade point average, class standing and National Boards Scores Part I and II.
- Dental school transcript.
- Personal statement, not more than two typewritten pages, describing relevant past experience, career goals, and reasons for applying to an AEGD program.
- Minimum of (3) Professional Evaluation Forms (PEFs).
- Match registration number from the Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program.
For further information about the admission process, contact the Admissions Administrator — AEGD Program at 415.929.6677 or email@example.com.
Application Dates and Deadlines
- May 14, 2020: ADEA PASS begins accepting applications.
- May 14, 2020: (TBD) National Matching Services Inc begins accepting registration for Match number.
- October 1, 2020: (TBD) Recommended date which applicants should register for the Match.
- November 13, 2020 Application materials must be received by ADEA PASS.
- November 13, 2020: Deadline for 2"x2" photographs, undergraduate transcripts and other required items previously listed must be received by the Admission Office — AEGD Program in addition to all PASS requirements.
- December 2020: (TBD) The ROLIC system will open on this date for Match participants to submit Rank Order List for AEGD Match positions.
- January 2021: Deadline to submit Rank Order List to the postdoctoral National Matching Services Inc (NMSI) Program.
- January 2021: Release of Phase II Match results.
- NOTE: AT THE TIME OF THIS POSTING - WE ARE WAITING FOR NATIONAL MATCHING SERVICES INFORMATION TO BE UPDATED