Alumni of the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry are exceptional professionals. Leaders in local, state and national dental organizations, our alumni are also active participants and volunteers in their communities. Their ties to the dental school remain strong long after graduation. In fact, countless alumni come back to the school to teach while maintaining outside dental practices. Others mentor prospective dental students or volunteer as members of our alumni or foundation boards. Alumni reconnect with the school and each other at regional continuing education programs and/or social events organized by our Alumni Association. Learn more and join us today!
Your dues support the Alumni Association and give you a wide range of benefits.
The spring 2021 issue of Contact Point, our alumni magazine which publishes twice a year, is out now, paying tribute to Dr. Arthur A. Dugoni, looking back at his life — and forward at his lasting legacy.
This fund helps lower tuition for deserving students who would not otherwise be able to attend the Dugoni School of Dentistry.
A resource helping match dentists looking for new associates with recent graduates and senior students seeking employment.
The highest annual award presented by the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry is the Alumni Association’s Medallion of Distinction, given to individuals who have made significant contributions to the school, the Alumni Association, the profession of dentistry or to society in general. Congratulations to our 2021 recipients: John W. Feaster ’74A and Mr. Raybel Ramos, Assistant VP for Technology Services.
Who are we? We are the best dental school alumni association in the country. How do we know? Our statistics tell us: 45% of our more than 6,000 members are active dues-paying members, an unheard-of testament to the positive feeling our graduates have for their alma mater. Each year, more than 1,500 members attend the Alumni Meeting, bringing staff and guests and contributing to attendance records that are astonishing.
The mission of the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry Alumni Association is to foster lifelong relationships among its members and with the dental school.
Pacific: Pride, Passion and Performance
- Integrity — The association is guided by accountability and high ethical standards.
- Communication — The association encourages active listening and open discussion, keeping members informed and connected to the dental school.
- Leadership — The association exemplifies visionary guidance with innovation and dedication.
- Camaraderie — The association is held together by a deep sense of belonging to the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry family, goodwill and rapport among members.
- Communicate with our members to keep them informed and up-to-date
- Enhance the sense of pride in the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
- Maximize membership and participation
- Provide scholarship funding for worthy students
- Encourage alumni to participate in philanthropy
- Foster relationships between alumni and students
- Create an atmosphere in which students will want to participate in the association and the dental school throughout their careers.
The Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry Alumni Association organizes several annual and biannual events designed to help you stay connected with your classmates and the dental school family.
Our events include:
- Alumni receptions during the California Dental Association (CDA) Spring Scientific Session in Anaheim and the CDA Fall Scientific Session in San Francisco.
- Our Annual Alumni Meeting where members can earn continuing education units by attending various lectures. We invite commercial vendors to showcase their products and hold a reception for all participants at the end of the first meeting day. This two-day meeting is usually held in late winter on a Friday (full day) and Saturday (half day).
- Regional breakfasts, lunches, receptions and/or dinners held during various western states' annual dental association meetings or during national meetings such as the ADA or ADEA.
- The annual Alumni/Graduate Banquet held each June to welcome the graduating classes into the association.
Active members are alumni who support our Association by paying membership dues each year. We rely on our members' dues payments to support the Alumni Association's mission and goals. Annual dues are $210 per year. Dues notices are sent to all alumni each December. Members attending alumni events (i.e. Annual Meeting, CDA receptions or regional events) are expected to be current in dues payments. All graduates and associate members receive every mailing from the Alumni Association, regardless of dues-paying status.
Dentists who are not graduates of our dental school are invited to join the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry Alumni Association as associate members. For the same annual membership dues of $210 per year, non-graduate dentists receive all mailings and benefits, and are listed in our directory as associate members. To join the Alumni Association as an associate member, please contact our Alumni Office at 415.351.7108.
Classes of 2015, 2016 and 2017 are $105 per year.
Alumni and associates who are dental hygienists are $103 per year.
Dugoni School Family
Faculty and staff can join the Alumni Association for $103 per year.
How do I join the Alumni Association?
Graduates of the Dugoni School of Dentistry in all programs (DDS, IDS, DH, AEGD, OMFS, Ortho and Endo) are automatically members of the Alumni Association. Active members are alumni who support the association by paying membership dues each year. We rely on our members' dues payments to sustain the Alumni Association's mission and goals. Currently, regular dues are $210 per year, and there are several benefits of membership, including the opportunity to attend the annual Alumni Meeting where you can earn CE units.
What is an Associate Member?
Dentists who are not graduates of our dental school are invited to join the Dugoni Alumni Association as associate members. For the same annual membership dues, non-graduate dentists receive all mailings and benefits. Interested individuals need to fill out an associate membership application or contact the Alumni Association office.
How much are the annual membership dues?
Regular membership dues are $210 per year for both alumni and associate members. The membership year runs July 1 through June 30 the following year, and all members are sent dues statements each summer.
New graduates are exempt from dues payments their first year out of school, and are given a discount up to four years after graduation. Life members are exempt from dues payments.
What are the benefits of joining as a dues-paying member?
The Alumni Association operates as a department of the School of Dentistry with the sole purpose of promoting the welfare of the school, its graduates and the profession of dentistry. The Alumni Association sponsors and supports programs for our alumni, students and the profession — from the annual Alumni Meeting (where you can earn CE units and connect with fellow alumni) to various alumni chapter events and all-member receptions. The Alumni Association also provides services to our members, such as the Dental Opportunities online listing of jobs and practices for sale, student loan consolidation discounts through SoFi, referral services through our office, and volunteer opportunities.
How do I view or post job openings?
The Alumni Association offers Dental Opportunities, a monthly online resource to help match dentists looking for new associates with graduates and senior students seeking employment. Dental Opportunities includes listings organized by geographic location in the following categories:
- Externships and Graduate Programs
- Practices for Sale/Office Space Sale/Lease
There is no charge to view listings. Posting a listing (or several listings) is free to those who are current dues-paying members. For all others, a listing costs $210 for three months or you can join the Alumni Association for $210 a year (as an alumnus or an associate member) and have unlimited listings.
Those searching for a job can also post their C.V. and contact information.
When is the annual Alumni Meeting?
The annual Alumni Meeting is usually held in early March. The two-day meeting takes place in San Francisco at a local hotel.
Who can attend the Alumni Meeting?
The Alumni Meeting is open to all dues-paying members (active or associate), life members and students from the graduating class. You must join the Alumni Association as a dues-paying member to attend the Alumni Meeting.
What is the fee to attend the Alumni Meeting?
The fee is subject to change and is announced several months before the Meeting. This is a separate fee from the annual membership dues. Students in the graduating class are exempt from the registration fee.
How can I contact the Alumni Association?
415.351.7108, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
155 Fifth Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
When you graduate from the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry, your professional life is just beginning, and the learning never stops. To help you along the way, the dental school offers useful information and services, including career opportunity listings, referrals to other Pacific dentists for your patients moving to another area, continuing education programs and mentorships, as well as information about dental organizations and clubs.
The dental school's Alumni Association offers Dental Opportunities, a monthly online resource to help match dentists looking for new associates with recent graduates and senior students seeking employment. Dental Opportunities includes listings organized by geographic location in the following categories:
- Externships and Graduate Programs
- Practices for Sale/Office Space Sale/Lease
There is no charge to view listings. Posting a listing is free for Alumni Association members current in their annual dues. For all others, the fee is $210 for three months; or individuals can join the Alumni Association — for the dues-equivalent fee of $210 which will allow you to post up to seven listings during a one-year period*. After seven postings, each listing will cost $50. The same rule applies to businesses wishing to post listings.
*One-year: Our dues-period years follow the academic calendar: July through June.
Dental Professionals for Hire
Are you seeking to hire a dentist or hygienist? To find a bright, enthusiastic and well-trained dentist or hygienist, take a look at our listing of soon-to-graduate and recently graduated alumni members who have posted their C.V./resume on this site. You may quickly find the professional employee you need to complete your dental office staffing needs!
If you have any questions about these services, please call 415.351.7108.
Important Note: In alignment with Pacific’s efforts to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus, all Registrar services are being administered online. During this period, we will not be providing in-person support at any of our three campuses; however, we will continue to be available during regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm PDT) at email@example.com or 415.929.6461. Individual staff are available to schedule a video conference meeting upon request.
Request for documentation
Alumni documentation can include official transcripts, graduation verification letters, and more. In order to file a request for your school documentation, you must fill out the Request for Documentation Form for Alumni. This form can be faxed to 415.400.8498, emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
University of the Pacific
Office of the Registrar
155 Fifth Street, 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
Please ensure that you sign your form before submitting it.
Please note that alumni requesting official transcripts for applications to post-graduate programs should submit the Request for Documentation Form and should also read the post-graduate section below.
Graduates of the Dental Hygiene program or all other Pacific programs, please request documentation from the Office of the University Registrar in Stockton.
Post-graduate applications are managed by Dr. Craig Yarborough. Students applying to post-graduate programs should request a postgraduate informational folder from Dr. Yarborough at email@example.com.
Diploma and certificate ordering fees are suspended at this time. Should you wish to order a diploma or certificate, please submit your Request for Replacement or Duplicate Diploma/Certificate Form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Replacement and duplicate diploma/certificates are ordered the first week of each month. Orders take approximately three weeks to process from the date the order is submitted.
Emails and Passwords
If you are having trouble accessing your Pacific email account, or can't remember your school password, please contact Information Technology at 415.929.6514 or email@example.com. We encourage alumni to keep their Pacific login information, as you will have continued access to Inside Pacific after you graduate. On Inside Pacific, you can print unofficial transcripts, among several other services.
How long does it take for you to process my Request for Documentation?
We do our best to process all requests within 24-48 hours. In the event that your request is delayed due to unforeseen circumstances, we will contact you.
Can someone request my school documentation on my behalf?
Unfortunately, no. Due to privacy compliance, we are unable to process requests filed by anyone but the student the documentation pertains to. This includes siblings, parents, guardians, and spouses. All Requests for Documentation must also be signed by the student or alumni submitting the request. We are unable to process your request unless your form is signed.
A number of organizations and societies offer professional and networking opportunities to dentists, as well as a chance to stay connected with others in the field. The following list provides links to other national, international and regional dental organizations.
National & International
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- American Dental Education Association (ADEA)
- American Dental Hygienists’ Association
- Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
- National Dental Association (NDA)
- International Federation of Dental Educators Association (IFDEA)
- California Dental Association (CDA)
- Alameda County Dental Society
- Contra Costa Dental Society
- Fresno-Madera Dental Society
- Greater Bay Area Dental Society
- Marin County Dental Society
- Mid-Peninsula Dental Society
- Napa/Solano Dental Society
- Santa Clara County Dental Society
- San Francisco Dental Society
- San Joaquin Dental Society
- Southern Alameda Dental Society
- Stanislaus Dental Society
Alumni Social Media Ambassadors Wanted!
We're looking for a few volunteer alumni to help get the word out about Alumni Association initiatives and events. Interested in helping?
- Occasionally share key announcements (e.g., membership dues drive, reunion events, etc.) from the Alumni Association to your social networks and/or your class Facebook page
- If you attend an alumni function, post a picture to help share the fun from the event!
- Send any ideas for interesting content you think Dugoni School alumni would like to see
- Pass along information about job openings, helpful professional resources or other resources that we can feature on the dental school's social media feeds
- Share your ideas about how the Alumni Association can increase engagement with alumni on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn or other social networks
If you'd like to get involved, contact the Alumni Association at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the school's presence on social media, visit: