Online Collection Database: In Progress
An online database constituting detailed information on individuals (>1400) from the Atkinson Collection is in progress. The database will incorporate: 1) previously catalogued specimen descriptions and provenience notations made by Dr. Spencer R. Atkinson between 1919 and 1963; 2) anomalous and pathological anatomical conditions and 3) current entries of cranial and dental specifics, including dental age estimates, and digital photos for a select number of individuals.
Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing or using Atkinson Collection data, the user will agree to the following conditions:
- Except as otherwise expressly stated herein, the information, records, or images in this database may not be downloaded, reproduced, distributed, or publicly displayed, in whole or in part, without the express written permission of CDHCS, University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry.
- Subsets of the information, records, or images in the database may be downloaded, reproduced, publicly displayed, distributed, or reprinted strictly for educational, scientific, scholarly, and other non-profit uses provided that the following attribution appears in all copies: "Information provided with the permission of CDHCS, University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry, 155 Fifth Street, San Francisco, CA 94103."
- Subsets of the records from the database downloaded for use with data from other datasets must carry the attribution of CDHCS.
- Data are provided on an end-user basis — that is, data are provided to users but should not be passed on to third parties or redistributed, except with approval from CDHCS.
- While every effort is made to provide accurate information, use of this database is entirely at your own risk. CDHCS makes no warranty, either express or implied, regarding the completeness, accuracy, or currency of the information in the database or its suitability for any particular purpose. Where the use of this data is critical to scientific investigation, scholarly publication, or policy decisions, the user is responsible for verifying specimen information against specimens and other primary data sources.
- These materials are provided "AS IS" for your informational purposes only. CDHCS is not responsible for the consequences of reliance on any information contained in the database, and the risk of injury rests entirely with the user.
- Information in the database must not be regarded as definite or published. Cranial or dental pathologies, anomalies or other conditions, individual dental age estimates, and other such data should be verified by specimen inspection in consultation with CDHCS curator.
- Occasionally, information in CDHCS database may be changed or updated. For this reason, all downloaded data will include a field with the date and time of the download. If you discover data you consider in error, please contact CDHCS curator with the relevant information.
- Within some research frameworks, this database alone may be inadequate for providing accurate determinations. In such cases, this database should be considered supplemental to study of the actual specimens. Researchers planning projects needing long-term access to the data are encouraged to work with CDHCS staff to develop live access to the data rather than downloading it.
- By accessing the information in the database, you agree that CDHCS shall not be liable to you for any loss or injury caused in using, compiling, or delivering the information. In no event will CDHCS or the contributors of information to the database be liable to you or anyone else for any action taken in reliance on such information or for any consequential, special, or similar damages.