For programs offered by the school that provide CDE credits, participants need to register here prior to the start of the program. If you would like to recommend other programs, please submit your recommendation using the form below
- New Faculty Orientation: A presentation is given to new faculty that covers a wide range of information: administration, absences, clinical protocols. A new faculty information folder is shared via the Pacmanual Guidebook. They are given a tour and introduced to the faculty they will work with. A mentor is assigned for shadowing. They also receive their ID badges and set up their email etc.
- Cross Training: Held every quarter. Each week has a topic or subject and the presentation or hands-on events occurs each day of the week in an effort to reach all faculty. Week 3 of each quarter is faculty orientation week and week 10 is Grading week. These are not included in faculty crosstraining. Schedules are emailed to your Pacific email address and posted in 4F area.
- Dean's Speakers Series: The purpose of the Dean's Speaker Series is to increase the knowledge, skills, behavior and attitudes of our faculty, staff, students and alumni as it relates to an understanding of what is happening more broadly in health care, oral health care and education.
- Faculty Development Day: Faculty Development Day is a regularly scheduled quarterly event dedicated to the development of the dental faculty in areas of biomedical, research, clinical, trends in the industry as well as critical thinking. It occurs on Tuesday of final examination week.
- Biomedical Science Seminars: The seminars cover a wide range of topics in basic science and their application in dentistry. Scheduled are emailed to your Pacific address.
- Peer observation of teaching (POT): POT focuses on the strengths of the faculty member being observed, as well as on those areas that could be enhanced. The goal of POT is to provide peer feedback to enhance teaching. Click here to learn more about this program.
- Annual Teaching Showcase: This program provides a low-risk platform for faculty to demonstrate innovative instructional practices and exchange ideas with colleagues. The aim is to create a cross-disciplinary faculty teaching community for collegial support in the implementation of effective instructional strategies.
- Foundations of Teaching in Dental Education: This short course, formerly the Course Director Orientation (CDO), aims to improve faculty's foundational knowledge in basic teaching and learning design principles. The course is offered annually and open to all faculty.
- Teaching and Learning Seminar Series: This program consists of a series of one hour seminars offered during lunch time. The focus is on active learning and emergent pedagogies associated with emerging technologies. Schedules are emailed to your Pacific email address.
- Other professional development offerings: Please watch out for email announcements.
Dentistry and science
Seminars, webinars, and workshops